Friday, July 25, 2014

Gallery Wall Inspiration

Yesterday Eric and I had a long trip to our nearest IKEA.  While in the car, we started talking about our front hall and how we have taken a break from it.  Now we are ready to get back at it!  Eric is anxious to put up crown molding, baseboard, etc. I on the other hand have been dying to put up our photo gallery wall.  Not sure what a gallery wall quite looks like?  Check out the pictures below that we are using for inspiration.

Found here

Found here

Found here

From my favorite blog YHL

Found here

Imagine a fabulously white and bright gallery wall on our striped wall in our front entryway. Thinking about making ours just gets me in the mood to jump up and down over and over again.  Ahh!!  In order to get started on ours, we needed some frames.  Guess what we ended up getting at IKEA yesterday?  Frames!  We got a few different sizes and plan on playing around with them to figure out exactly how we want them situated on our striped wall.  Here's a snapshot of the frames.  They are all a part of the RIBBA collection.


My one main goal for this wall is that I want it to hold special meaning to us.  What I mean by that is that I want to incorporate things like our wedding pictures, lucky number, map hearts of where we were engaged, married, and honeymooned, etc.  I fully expect that this wall will take us awhile to complete, but I can't wait to see it done.  

Do you have a gallery wall in your house?  What kinds of things do you have in your frames?  Tell us in the comment section below, or better yet, send us a picture! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment